Tamiya 1/35th M1046 HMMWV w/ TOW Missle Launcher

Moderator: kubisz

Tamiya 1/35th M1046 HMMWV w/ TOW Missle Launcher

Postprzez minuteman1636 » 13 sty 2015, 07:37

This is the model that I have completed in 2008.

The kit is the 1/35th scale Tamiya M1046 TOW Missle Carrier and was built straight out-of-box. The kit went to together flawlessly. Overall I was extremely happy with the quality of the kit. The only strike that I would give the kit is the omission of the proper SINCGARs radio. The kit has an obsolete/incorrect PRC-77 (vehicle mounted) radio.

The interior was painted with Model Master Medium Green and the exterior was painted with Model Master Armor Sand. The wash was done with raw umber oil paint thinned with turpenoid. Mig powder was used for the "dusting". I wasn't too happy with the wash however. I feel the wash around the bolt heads on the doors and other places appears to heavy. I was not able to get the "subtle" effect that I was looking for. It seemed to be either a heavily weathered appearance, or a lightly weathered almost clean effect. I couldn't get anything to settle around the bolt heads without putting the wash on a heavier. So, I went with the heavily weathered appearance.

I served with the 2nd Armored Cavalry Regiment in southern Iraq in 2004 so choosing the markings for the 2nd ACR was an easy choice for me. On the base is one of my desert bdu combat patches from the 2nd ACR.

I hope to hear some thoughts/opinions (good or bad).

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
minuteman1636

Re: Tamiya 1/35th M1046 HMMWV w/ TOW Missle Launcher

Postprzez kubisz » 13 sty 2015, 07:53

Although little problems with wash I think this is a very good model :git: Maybe You could give some more dust (it would probably reduce a wash around the bolts). This variant (old type seats and wheels) was very common even in first period of OIF in 2003, but they were produced many years before it, so we can say this is just old, heavily weathered and used vehicle (i like the weathering on wheels) :git:

There is a reason why I asked You to publish this gallery here. This is one of first models, which inspired me to build Humvees what I'm doing till today. Once in 2008 I've found Armorama and this thread:
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... 910#971133
And thereafter I like also this type of presenting a model - a wooden base plus a plate with description and a badge :git: So Brent - thanks a lot for sharing :piwo:
kubisz

Postprzez minuteman1636 » 15 sty 2015, 01:58

I'm very humbled Kuba. I'm grateful that I was able to inspire you to build humvee's too! Keep up the great work on this website. :gut:
minuteman1636

Postprzez JUAN C. » 15 sty 2015, 12:48

I agree with Kubisz in that this is a good model and it also has some errors with washouts, minuteman1636: that diluent used to do the wash, alcohol ?.- That error is familiar to me... :roll:
In my opinion it is a clean and agreeable model, a model with much history and that curiously was one of the first Humvee which I built makes a lot of years.
Good work ! :gut:

:piwo:
[img]http://www.portierramaryaire.com/foro/download/file.php?avatar=283.gif[/img]
[b][url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105900469192553341559/albums[/url][/b]
JUAN C.

Powrót do Galeria