1/35 M998 SCUD Hunter

Moderator: kubisz

1/35 M998 SCUD Hunter

Postprzez skarik » 27 lut 2016, 12:25

This model represents a United States Delta Force HMMWV used for SCUD hunting missions during the Gulf War in 1991. I wanted to build the armoured Hummer version, so I bought the Academy M966 TOW kit, but after I saw the amazing picture:
Obrazek
I changed my mind.

So my original Academy kit was used as the basis for this conversion. I had to scratch-build both the rear frame and sideboards. I improved the Academy kit by adding the Eduard´s PE and some scratch-built parts, mostly into the interior. A more detailed construction description will follow (maybe).

The crew is made from the original Academy kit figures, mixed with CMK figures and slightly upgraded with some paper and aluminum foil. The cargo consists of CMK´s modern accessories set, Tamiya´s jerry cans, Plus Model´s card boxes and of course some scratch-built items.

I could find no other reference except the single photograph on http://www.specialoperations.com but I was further inspired by photos of the SAS´s Land Rovers deployed for the same purpose. Therefore take this model more as my idea how the vehicle might have looked.

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek
skarik

Re: 1/35 M998 SCUD Hunter

Postprzez kubisz » 27 lut 2016, 12:48

One of the oldest models, but great too. Camouflage looks nice, stowage and figures give a lot of live to this model. I think You've succeded in "reading" this one photo very well :git: For some time we've got another photo of SCUD Hunter:
Obrazek
but it wouldn't add too much.
kubisz

Re: 1/35 M998 SCUD Hunter

Postprzez makinen » 01 mar 2016, 19:56

Probably this will be my next model . It has long wanted to build it. The beginning of modern special forces vehicle. Great mapped real vehicle :git:
makinen

Powrót do Galeria